Civic Facility Project - Meeting Update
The Times-Age asked for decisions regarding the civic facility project made by the Council at its meeting on 13 December.
The Council decided that the following options be included for consultation as part of the 2024-34 Long-Term Plan consultation in April 2024:
Library and Archives - options to be taken forward for costing and consulted on as part of the 2024-34 LTP:
- Do nothing
- Undertake basic improvements
- Upgrade and expand library (including Archives)
Town hall and municipal buildings – options to be taken forward for costing and consulted on as part of the 2024-34 LTP:
- Demolish the existing town hall and municipal building
- Demolish the existing town hall, refurbish the municipal building, and build a new town hall/performance space on the same sit
- Demolish the existing town hall and municipal building, build new town hall/performance space on the same site, and expand Waiata House to meet the municipal building’s function.
All build options for the town hall and municipal buildings could retain the façade.