Water Shutdown | Sir Herbert Hart Avenue
Our contractor, Elite Drainage, is working on the water main in Sir Herbert Hart Avenue. As part of the work, the water supply needs to be turned off tomorrow, Wednesday 20th September from 9 am to 2 pm.
- We suggest that you fill up some containers with water before 9 AM to use, as needed.
- Try not to use the hot taps while the water is off. The hot water cylinder may be damaged if the water level gets too low.
- Do not use washing machines, automatic dishwashers or other appliances that use water during the shut-off period as they may be damaged if used without water.
- In the event of inclement or persistent weather, work will be deferred to a later date.
- When the water supply is turned back on, the water may have a milky-white appearance. This is caused by small air bubbles in the water supply and will not affect taste or quality. We will try to eliminate most of the air from the system when the supply is restored. However, if air is still visible in your water, running a tap for a few minutes should clear it from your pipes.