We value the diversity of backgrounds, skills and experience our people bring to the team. We aim to attract and retain the very best by providing challenging and rewarding roles, and a range of benefits.
As well as working in one of New Zealand’s coolest little councils, when you work for us you will get:
- flexible working arrangements
- market-aligned salaries that are annually reviewed
- five week annual leave allowance
- 15 day sick/dependent leave allowance
- income protection
- superannuation contributions up to 5%
- training and career development to achieve your career goals, and to help you perform brilliantly in your role here
- professional memberships if your role demands it
- health benefits including:
- employer-funded Southern Cross health insurance (with ability to add family members to the package and access to discounted add-ons)
- free flu vaccinations
- annual eye test
- an employee assistance programme
- a commitment to workplace health, safety and wellbeing.
- access to our onsite wellbeing room (available to use as prayer room, breastfeeding for new mums etc)
- access to our free car park
- to join our social club, who provide a range of activities throughout the year
- workplace Mental Health initiatives, and a point of contact to staff for guidance and support
- N3 discounts, access to All of Government discounts, and deals with various companies
- shower and changing room facilities
- lockable bike shed.