The Masterton Skatepark received $1.3 million of funding from central government in 2020 and a full rebuild was undertaken. The park is now a competition-level facility that welcomes everyone on wheels.
When you're using the park please remember:
- Respect each other and the place
- Safety gear is strongly recommended
- People power only – no motors
- Bikes are ok but no BMX pegs please
- Have fun and look out for each other
- No snaking. Don’t know what snaking is? Ask your mates
- Know your limits, some of this stuff takes a bit of building up to - take your time.
- Watch what is happening around you - don’t interrupt other peoples’ runs, wait your turn.
- Follow the direction arrows on the pump track.
Check out the Facebook page and Instagram account for more information about what's happening at the park.
Our Parks are Smoke and Vape Free
All parks and reserves and Council owned venues across the Wairarapa region have been designated as smoke and vape free public places. Any events run in Council facilities must be smoke and vape free. You can read more on our policies page.