Wairarapa Archive is dedicated to collecting and preserving Wairarapa’s unique heritage. We have a wide range of records relating to Wairarapa, and a team who can help you with your local and family history enquiries.
The Archive is open to the public on weekdays from 1 – 5pm and is located at 3 Albert Street. You can get in touch with the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 06 370 6311.
Accessing Records from Home
There are lots of ways to access records online, you can:
- Search the online catalogue for physical and digital items.
- View over 25,000 images of Wairarapa on the Picture Wairarapa site.
- See all major local newspaper stories from the past 15 years.
- Read more than 60 stories about local history, written by our talented team at Wairarapa Stories.
- Search our online cemetery records for graves.
If you’re interested in family history you should plan a visit to Wairarapa Archive. The collection includes lots of genealogical resources and free access to Family Search and Ancestry.com.