There are lots of places to park in Masterton, these spots are a mixture of free, metered and restricted on-street parking depending on the location. If you have received a parking infringement you can pay it online.
Whenever you’re parking in Masterton, please remember:
- To read and follow parking signs.
- Don’t stop or park on broken yellow lines, bus stops, taxi stands or other restricted parking areas.
- Don’t park in loading zones if you are in a private vehicle – only to load or unload.
- Read the signs carefully when parking at events; special restrictions may apply.
- Always follow the directions on meters.
A vehicle is the responsibility of its last registered owner. The council will charge the last owner of an abandoned vehicle with the cost of removal and disposal.
Dispute a Parking Ticket
If you would like to dispute a parking infringement notice you can provide an explanation via this form which will be reviewed by our team.
If you have a disability you can apply for a mobility parking permit or card. A mobility card gives you 50% extra parking time per visit.
There are many different scenarios where our parking team can help you with on-going parking complaints.
See simple guidelines that will help you avoid getting a parking fine.