Peter Laing Memorial Trust Grant
Peter Laing was a Wairarapa farmer; born with a natural affinity for the land. Throughout his life he showed a strong dedication to agriculture, farming and his community.
The Peter Laing Memorial Trust Grants are designed to assist people who intend to follow a practical farming career.
You can apply for these grants to pay for:
- Practical training to help you enter the agricultural industry (e.g., through a cadet scheme, or certificate or diploma level of study).
- Specialist equipment, such as a saddle, or to buy dogs, if you’re starting your first job in agriculture.
You need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident in the Wairarapa or have strong links with the Wairarapa
- Have a focus on pastoral farming with a planned career path
- A strong desire to expand knowledge and interest in agriculture
Any questions about the grants can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this grant are now closed.