Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
Whakaaetanga Pārongo Whenua
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a comprehensive report on a property that you can get from the council. You can request an urgent LIM which will be processed within 5 working days, or a standard LIM which will be processed within 10 working days.
Applying for a LIM
To apply for a LIM you will need to fill in the application form.
Land Information Memorandum (LIM) Form (PDF, 147KB)
For us to give you the correct information you will need to provide this information:
- Property address,
- Legal description,
- Valuation number (if known),
- Current owner,
- Property size; and
- The fee listed on the application form. This needs to be paid before we can start processing your application.
When you have completed the form you can drop it into our office with the required fee, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation of your internet banking payment.
Internet banking payments can be made to:
03-0687-0271682-00Code: LIMParticulars: Your AddressReference: Your Name
Note: Please do not use your valuation number as a reference, this will mean your payment is auto-banked to rates.
What information does a LIM contain?
A LIM contains:
- Any special feature of the land the Council knows about including:
- The downhill movement
- Gradual sinking or wearing away of any land
- Falling rock or earth
- Flooding of any type and
- Possible contamination or hazardous substances
- Information the Council has about private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- Rates information
- Any consents, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings
- Any other classifications on the land or buildings notified to the Council by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004
- Any other information Council deems relevant and
- A copy of the Certificate of Title