Summers in Masterton can be hot and dry, and often water restrictions are in place. Collecting and re-using rainwater is one of the easiest ways to reduce your overall water usage.
Installing a rainwater tank at your home will also help you get prepared for when the unexpected happens. Water supplies could be affected in an emergency. We recommend that each household in Masterton has a supply of stored water that can last for three days or more.
Masterton Distrct Council currently offers 200-litre rainwater tanks from The Tank Guy. They are available to Masterton residents at a discounted rate of $110.00 each. These tanks can be purchased from our Customer Service Centre at 161 Queen Street, Masterton.
The 200-Litre rainwater tanks are suitable for garden watering and as an emergency water supply.
- Suitable for 1-2 person households
- Provides rainwater for a small garden during the year
- In an emergency, the water can be used to flush toilets and drink – once boiled or treated
- Rainwater tanks must be placed near a downpipe. You will need to do some base preparation before installing a water tank. The 200L rainwater tanks are designed to sit on top of a smooth, level and flat concrete surface or flat compacted ground or paving. Where used, a concrete slab must be of sufficient thickness and suitably reinforced to support the weight of the tank when full (210kg).
To find our more about the 200L rainwater anks visit The Tank Guy website.
Be in to Win a Rainwater Tank for Your Home!
We’re giving away eight 200L rainwater tanks to eight Masterton residents between 1 February and 29 February 2024! Show us your top tip for water conservation at your home and be in to win!
Follow our 3 easy steps to go in the draw:
- Take a photo of your top tip for water conservation at your home
- Upload it to your Instagram page and tag it #mastertondc
- Tell us about your top tip in your IG post
We love to see creativity with your ideas!
Follow us on Instagram. Winners will be notified on our Instagram page.
Winners can collect the rainwater tanks from our Customer Service Centre at 161 Queen Street. Masterton. If you need support, a member of our Utilities Team will deliver and install a tank at your home, at no charge!
- These tanks are suitable for garden watering and as an emergency water supply. In an emergency, the water can be used to flush toilets and drink – once boiled or treated.
- The fittings are included. The tank must be placed nearby a down pipe and on a smooth, level and flat surface.
- There are two colour options (green and grey). The colour options are subject to availability.
- There will be weekly draws between Thursday 1 February 2023 and Thursday 29 February 2024.
Full Terms and Conditions:
- The promoter is Masterton District Council whose registered office is at Waiata House, 27 Lincoln Road, Masterton.
- The competition is open to residents of Masterton.
- The closing date for entry will be 11.59 pm, Thursday 29 February 2024.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, and these terms and conditions, without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize will be 1 of 8 200L rainwater tanks. Winners are to be drawn weekly during competition timeframes, at random. Only one entry per person.
- The winner will be notified within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- By entering into this competition, winners agree to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- This competition is not open to Masterton District Council staff.