Local Governance Statement
Tauākī Mana Whakahaere ā-Rohe
This Local Governance Statement (LGS) outlines Council’s functions, governance structures, and key policies and processes, in accordance with the Local Government Act 2002 (s.40).
This document is intended to support local democracy by showing the community how they can engage with council and influence decision-making.
The LGS will be updated and made publicly available within six months of the local government triennial election and at other times as Council considers appropriate.
Contents of the Local Governance Statement
- Council’s Function, Responsibilities and Activities
- Electoral System
- Members’ Roles and Conduct
- Meeting Processes
- Governance Structures
- Management Structures and Relationships
- Engagement with Iwi and Māori Communities
- Equal Employment Opportunities Policy
- Key Policy and Planning Documents
- Official Information